The PhD Student Club (aka graduate student association) aims to promote the integration of PhD students in ETIS and to participate in its scientific life by organising events and seminars. The Club is managed by a few PhD students from ETIS at Saint-Martin (Louis Annabi) and ETIS at ENSEA (Clara Brémond, Théo Serru). The Club organises outings or casual online meetings on a regular basis in order to create interactions between PhD students coming from a range of research groups.
We also hold a Journal Club twice a month, that is open to the whole lab and whose topic alternates between the various research themes at ETIS.
Finally we organise an annual PhD students all-day conference, an opportunity for every PhD student to present her work to a large audience in the form of short talks followed by a poster session.
Recent journal club talks are:
- Dec 11th 2020 – Théo Serru : Importance Sampling for dependability analyses
- Nov 6th 2020 – Louis Annabi : Predictive Coding approximates Backprop on arbitrary computation graphs
- Oct 23rd 2020 – Arnaud Blanchard : A temporal record of the past with a spectrum of time constants in the monkey entorhinal cortex
- Oct 9th 2020 – Boris Borzic : Presentation of the SPVIMM platform
- Sep 25th 2020 – Tarek Elouaret : Ker-ONE : A new hypervisor managing FPGA reconfigurable accelerators