Member of team :
CYU St-Martin, A595
Mail 1 :
Alex Pitti is working on Neuro-inspired Robotics and brain-inspired models for Artificial Intelligence (NeuroAI).
He is currently associate professor at the ETIS lab, CNRS UMR 8051 at CY Cergy-Paris University, and leader of the group NEURO constituted of 15 researchers.
2015-2019, he was member of the comittee GDR Robotique CNRS, GT8 “Robotique et Neuroscience”.
In 2011-2016, he held the Chaire d’Excellence CNRS/Cergy-Pontoise University in Cognitive Robotics.
He obtained his Ph.D. at University of Tokyo (ISI Laboratory) in 2007 and was researcher for the japanese research agency JST till 2011.
Personal website: https://sites.google.com/view/alexpitti
My research is focusing on Embodied AI, Cognitive models for Memory and
Development, Body Image and Visuomotor Control, Soft Robotics and
Because _”the body shapes the mind”_, we have to design smart robot bodies for smart AI brains.
Research Gate – Google Scholar
Keywords: Embodied Intelligence, Predictive Coding, Continual Learning, Motor Control, Neural Networks, Soft Robotics, Brain, Artificial Intelligence, Robot Learning
- “Learning structures in Audio sequences for Robotic Interaction” CY University/IPAL CNRS/A-Star Institute, Singapore; PhD student Xiaodan Chen (2023-2026)
- “First Steps Towards a Socially Competent Soft Robotic Assistive Arm” CY University/IPAL CNRS/NUS, Singapore (2023-2026)
- “Hybrid Neuro-Symbolic Architecture for compositionality and Planning using Serial Order
Codes” collaboration with Fabrice Morin and Alois Knoll TUM, PhD student Krzisztoff Lebodia (2021-2024)
- Collège de France, robotique mobile pour agriculture (DIM RFSI, 2020 and 2021)
- “Spectral method for EIT: application to artificial skin for autonomous vehicle”, ETIS/VEDECOM, PhD Student Mehdi Abdelwahed (2019-2023)
- “Neuro-computational models for Prediction, Inference, and Learning for long-range sequences based on Predictive Coding”, Facebook/Meta-CY University, PhD student Louis Annabi (2019-2021)