Member of team :
Mail 1 :
Mail 2 :
Alessandra Calvi is a PhD candidate in the Law, Science, Technology and Society (LSTS) and in the d.pia.lab at Vrje Universiteit Brussel (VUB) and in the MIDI team of the Equipes Traitement de l’Information et Systèmes (ETIS) lab at CY Cergy Paris Université (CYU). In October 2021, she was entrusted with a research mandate on the EUTOPIA-funded interdisciplinary project ‘Enhancing the inclusiveness of smart cities: reinterpreting Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA) under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) through intersectional gender lenses’ between VUB and CYU, under the joint supervision of the legal scholar Prof. Paul De Hert and the computer scientist Prof. Dimitris Kotzinos.
Alessandra holds an LLM in International and European law – Data law awarded by the VUB Institute of European Studies. Her professional experiences include a traineeship in the IT Policy team of the European Data Protection Supervisor and legal clerkships at the Tribunal of Pavia (Labour law section) (Italy) and criminal law firms.
- Data privacy
- Enhancing the inclusiveness of smart cities: reinterpreting Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA) under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) through intersectional gender lenses
- Integrated neuro-robotic approaches for autonomous vehicle localisation and navigation
- Machine Learning-based Robust Physical Layer Authentication Using Angle of Arrival Estimation
- Deep Reinforcement Learning-Based Network Slicing Algorithm for 5G Heterogenous Services
- Wing Interferential Patterns (WIPs) and machine learning for the classification of some Aedes species of medical interest